How can the fund help?
The Anglian/Hartlepool Water Assistance Fund is referred to as "the fund" throughout this form.
- The fund offers a programme of assistance aimed at reducing water and sewerage debt for customers experiencing poverty and hardship:
- If you are claiming certain benefits - Income Support, income-based Job Seeker's Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance or Pension Credit - Anglian/Hartlepool Water will apply to the DWP on your behalf for the Water Direct Scheme. This will allow your debts to Anglian/Hartlepool Water to be cleared by making small regular payments out of your benefits to Anglian/Hartlepool Water.
- If you are not eligible for Water Direct your application will be assessed and if successful a 'provisional' award will be made. Your debt will not be cleared immediately. But during a specified period following your provisional award you will be required to keep up to date with payments for your current usage in order for the provisional award to be confirmed and your water / sewerage debt to be cleared.
- If the fund is not able to help in either way detailed above, Anglian/Hartlepool Water will consider other ways in which it can help you.
Who can apply for an award?
- You can apply if you are a current domestic account holder (the person / persons named on the bill) of Anglian/Hartlepool Water and are in need, poverty, hardship or other distress.
- If the account holder is unable to make the application for an award themselves, someone else may complete the application on their behalf. However the account holder must still tick the declaration box at the end of the application.
- You are not eligible to apply to the fund if you are already having water / sewerage charges deducted from your benefits via Water Direct. You are already addressing your debts to Anglian/Hartlepool Water.